Why a co-working membership might be a better option than a virtual office
Work from a home office and need a business address to power your Google places listing or simply need a business address for mail?
Here are 5 top reasons to use a virtual business address:
1. A business address is one of the most valuable marketing assets you have for online marketing. Google serves up its own business directory listings, Google Places Pages, for local searches and if you don’t have a real business address, you will miss out. If you are using a home address or PO box, your competitors will outrank you on Google and they’ll take business that should be yours. Renting a virtual business address is inexpensive and most co-working spaces sell them and give you access to a desk and conference room as part of the package.
2. Home offices are nice but sometimes it pays to make a professional first impression. Need to meet clients? Having them come to your home or a coffee shop sends a clear message: you are cheap! Renting a virtual office address is not only inexpensive, it gives you a polished environment to meet potential clients. This builds trust in ways that far more valuable than they money you save by not having one.
3. With a virtual office, especially one in a co-working space, your small business is operational instantly. Internet, postal issues, phone options, and build out are already in place and you only use what you need. Most cowering virtual office spaces have memberships starting at $50 or less and it doesn’t take much of a return to make that a good investment.
4. Virtual office spaces often have flexible leases and short term commitments. Grow quickly and need more space? No problem – using a virtual office or cowering space to start a business is one of the smartest and most cost effective strategies around.
5. Gain a foothold in a secondary market – want to expand to a new city but are not sure how viable it is? Renting a virtual office space gives you a real presence in an area and lets you explore a market. Rather than being from another area or city you are now a local company. In today’s local world, that matters!
Want to take a tour of CoLab’s coworking space in Nashville? Call us for a free tour!